» Bank Profile » Corporate Governance
ACLEDA Bank recognizes the critical importance of corporate governance in supporting the Bank's sustainable growth, enhancing the efficiency of the Bank, creating value for shareholders, and securing the trust of all stakeholders including shareholders, customers, staff and the general public. The Board of Directors supports and encourages the adoption and implementation of good corporate governance policies, together with the code of conduct and business ethics.
The Bank holds its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders in compliance with the law, the Articles of Association and other relevant regulations. The 2015 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders was held on April 24th, 2015 at the Bank's Headquarters and an additional one resolution was passed by e-mail during the year. The Bank took the following actions:
Prior the Meeting
The Meeting Notice, containing detailed agendas, factual details, rationale and Board recommendations for each agenda item as well as accompanying documents and the 2014 Annual Report and the Report of Financial Statements produced by the external auditor were finalized. The Meeting Notice and accompanying documents were prepared in English and were delivered to all Shareholders in advance of the Annual General Meeting.
During the Meeting
The 2015 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders was chaired by the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The Chairman allowed Shareholders full opportunity to ask questions and make recommendations and provided comprehensive clarification when requested. Management also clarified and answered related issues. The Minutes and votes for each agenda item were recorded by the Company Secretary.
The Key Matters approved in 2015 were:
- The minutes of the Sixth Annual General Meeting of Shareholders dated April 18, 2014.
- The audited Financial Statements for the year 2014.
- The annual report for the year 2014 of ACLEDA Bank Lao Ltd.
- The appointment of KPMG as external auditors for 2015.
- The approval of the 2015 Business Plan and CAPEX.
- The approval of the appointment Mr. In Siphann as a new Board member of ABL and recognition of outgoing Board member, Mr. Chhan Ponloeu, acknowledging the full and final discharge of all his duties and liabilities with respect to his position on the Board of Directors of ABL.
- Schedule for the next AGM.
Following the Meeting
The Minutes of the 2015 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders were circulated to all Shareholders for their perusal prior to confirmation at the next Annual General Meeting.