» Security Tips
Protect your personal information at all times:
- Please be aware that ACLEDA Bank Lao will not contact you to ask for your account number, PIN, password, web link or other personal information via e-mail or telephone. We will never ask you to conduct remittance in any form as well.
- Never reply to every E-mail/phone/SMS asking for your account number, password or PIN.
- If you receive a request for your personal information, or you suspect that you have inadvertently provided personal information to a questionable person, please kindly contact us.
Security tips when using ATM
- Protect your PIN and cover the ATM's keypad while you enter the PIN.
- If you enter an incorrect PIN three times consecutively, your card (issued by ACLEDA Bank) will be blocked.
- Check that other people in the queue are a reasonable distance away from you.
- Do not request an unknown person to perform ATM transactions for you.
- Never let a stranger assist you at the ATM except the appointed staff. Protect your ATM card and PIN.
- Be alert or suspicious of signs telling you to use a specific machine. The ATM may be fitted with a skimming device. Please contact us if there is anything suspicious or strange.
- Never force your card into the ATM's card slot.
- Count the withdrawal cash and put it in your wallet before leaving the ATM.
Security tips when using ACLEDA Card
- Do not keep the PIN together with your Card.
- Keep your card in a safe place.
- Change your PIN immediately when using your ACLEDA Card for the first time and destroy any documents containing PIN information.
- Memorize your PIN. Don't write it down or keep it in your wallet or purse.
- Do not send your PIN via email/SMS and never use the same PIN to access other services.
- If your card is lost or stolen or your PIN is disclosed or comes into the knowledge of a third person, you must immediately notify ACLEDA Bank Lao.
- Never reply to every E-mail/phone/SMS that asking for your account number, password or PIN.
- Keep your PIN secret. Never reveal it to anyone, even someone who claims to be calling from your bank.
- Report to ACLEDA Bank Lao if there is anything suspicious or strange.
Security tips when using POS terminal
- Do not allow the cashier or anyone else to enter your PIN for you.
- Watch the merchant when he/she is swiping your card and make sure your card does not leave your sight.
- Block the view of others and cover the POS keypad while you enter the PIN.
- Be sure the transaction is completed and verify your payment with POS receipt before leaving.
- Never make payment with a suspicious or strange POS terminal.